Tell Me About It: Creed Bratton's Audiobiography

The bizarre but lovable character Creed is played by the real Creed Bratton, a man with a rich history of musical talent and acting credits.  He was the lead guitarist in the successful 60's band The Grass Roots and made minor acting appearances in such notable things as the 1985 film Mask as well as the television hit The Bernie Mac Show.

Like Creed Thoughts on Facebook and go here for Creed FB covers

Bratton says he wrote the character based on an exaggerated version of himself, as if he'd never stopped taking drugs. He presented a self written talking head to The Office U.S. creator Greg Daniels, which gave the character an elaborate back story complete with drugs and dumpsters.  Daniels loved it and Creed became a background staple on The Office U.S. 


Fast forward to 2013, and the real Creed Bratton has released the first act of his "Audiobiography": Tell Me About It available now on iTunes.  "The record finds Bratton revisiting the various stages of his life—from dropping LSD to standing in unemployment lines to being rescued in the third act with a role on The Office."


Creed Bratton
"I've always thought, if aliens came to Earth, I wouldn't want to ask them anything. I'd want to know what their chicken tastes like, because people always say that everything tastes like chicken."
Release date schedule:

Act 1: Let's Start Dancing (Released 04/16/13 available now on iTunes)
Act 2: The Orange Juice Tastes Like Water (To be released 05/07/13)
Act 3: Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Obscurity (TBR 05/21/13, along with full album on vinyl)

Rainn Wilson, known to Office fans as Dwight K. Schrute, is featured in the song "Emmy Awards" which is a track that will be released as part of Tell Me About It's Act 3.



Creed had this to say about his new album. "I'm not trying to say anything. I write songs.  Sometimes I'm not even sure what they're about. Maybe a year or two later I find out I was talking to my subconscious. My subconscious was talking to myself, giving me instructions for how to deal with my life."

Read more about his new album here, here & here.